I´m writing these lines from Madrid airport, waiting for my flight back to Dublin.
For the past few days, I´ve had the rare chance to allow myself to make a stop along the way, put the (often frantic) rhythm of my daily life between brackets, and pay attention to what´s truly important… It´s been a true privilege, and I´m really grateful for it.
Among many other things, I´ve truly enjoyed sharing time, affection and conversations with several people that once were, or perhaps still are, my travel companions.
- My mum, brothers and sisters, who were the first companions I had in life, and who are still walking along with me, even in the distance.
- My siblings-in-law, warm and loving as always, and my nephews and nieces, the next generation, coming in with tremendous force (you guys are all so lovely 😉)
- My dear cousin, whom I hadn´t seen in ages 😊 (I was so happy to see you Borja)
- Family friends who are as close as family itself; we know we can always count on you.
- Friends that make you feel that it doesn´t matter how long it´s been since you saw each other last, the connection is still there, and keeps growing(you know who you are)
- A reunion that sent us back down memory lane, with dancing steps… (thanks a million for everything Cristina!)
- And speaking of memory lane, there was even time for laughs, looking at old photos from my first communion 😃
Then, the icing on the cake has taken place today: I´ve been lucky enough to meet in person with several colleagues in this new adventure of reinvention I´ve embarked on. Even though we´ve only been walking together for a short time, you´re already leaving your mark on my life, we´re growing together, and there´s so much that we still have to share…
To be honest, I´m going home with a feeling of joy, treasuring the moments that I spent with all of you. Thank you so much, my travel companions.